Summer Camp Leadership- Camp Willson Full-time JobDec 1st, 2022 at 15:19 Everything Else Bella Vista 171 views Reference: 199
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
2. Learns the likes/dislikes of each participant in assigned cabin and encourages participation in activities that campers like and provide growth opportunities.
3. Recognizes and responds to opportunities for group problem solving; provides opportunities for discussion of individual or group problems and concerns.
4. Develops opportunities for interaction between campers.
5. Helps each participant to meet the goals for camper development; provides opportunities for the group that allows each individual to experience success during camp.
6. Guides all campers to participate successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
7. Carries out established roles for enforcing camp safety regulations; instructs campers in emergency procedures such as fire drills, evacuating cabins, etc. supervises camper health and safety.
8. Cooperates with participants to develop cabin activity plans as appropriate.
9. Assists in developing Adventure Area lesson plans, equipment & supply ordering / preparation / maintenance; teaching those lessons, and in making recommendations for program growth.
10. Supervises and leads by example in all assigned aspects of the campers’ day including but not limited to morning reveille, cabin/camp clean-up, meal-times, rest hour, evening activities, chapel and devotions, bed-time preparation and after-hours duties as assigned.
11. Maintains records on the work and progress of assigned campers; fosters open communication with campers’ parents regarding progress and unusual events.
12. Actively participates in all related staff meetings/training.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have HS diploma required; completion of at least one year of college and experience working in a camp setting preferred.
- Ability to coordinate, organize, and teach activities in one or more of the following specialized program areas: Aquatics, Creative Arts, Outdoor Living skills, or Sports and Fitness.
- Must have enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
- Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
- Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.
Have the best summer ever at our 500 acre memory maker!
The YMCA’s awesome Camp Willson, located in Bellefontaine, is seeking enthusiastic, patient, and sometimes silly Camp Counselors for the summer! Our counselors supervise and lead groups of campers in programming that is safe, fun, and engages them in a life-long love of camp. Staff will oversee groups of kids in the boys and girls bunks, so room and board is provided!
Leadership will report May 15, 2023 and is expected to work the entirety of camp season ending August 4, 2023.
For Youth Development
For Healthy Living
For Social Responsibility