Retail Merchandiser Part-time JobDec 9th, 2022 at 17:24 Retail Maysville 110 views Reference: 232
The Retail Merchandiser is a part-time position that performs service work in the Hallmark department in various retail stores such as grocery stores, drug stores, department stores and mass retailers. These positions do not service Hallmark Card Shops.
This is your opportunity to represent the world’s best-known greeting card brand and develop retailer relationships in your community. Hallmark provides paid training, paid travel time and mileage reimbursement between stores and access to a variety of corporate discounts.
There are three major components of this PART-TIME position:
- Day to Day Service:
- Product merchandising: You will handle all aspects of product merchandising within your assigned stores. You will use a Hallmark-issued, hand-held mobile device to replenish, straighten and track inventory of Hallmark products. This could include products placed inside the Hallmark department or within other areas of the store.
- Store employee and customer interaction: You must interact in a professional manner with store employees, store management and customers while in the store.
- Schedule: Your Territory Supervisor will clarify your specific schedule. Work is typically scheduled Monday through Friday during the day and hours will increase during holiday periods.
- Holiday Support:
- Hallmark's business is season driven. Your scheduled days and hours will increase the week before and after the following holidays - Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- You may be required to work on the actual holiday for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day.
- Department Remodels and Resets:
- Occasionally, you may be required to be a part of an installation team and work on activities to include, but not limited to, building Hallmark fixtures, moving card departments, installing fixtures and product and remodeling card departments.
- Typically you will receive at least a 2-week notice for remodel/reset work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of energy and a sense of urgency. You will be working on the selling floor as well as in back stockrooms. You must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, and carry cartons, merchandise and display fixtures up to 30 pounds throughout the work day and up to 50 pounds on occasion. You will also be required to stoop, squat, walk, and stand throughout your work day, and you may be required to climb stairs and step ladders.
REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
- Access to a Wi-Fi network and the internet
- Able to operate hand-held technology provided to open and read documents and interpret information
- Flexibility to work a changing work schedule that may include an occasional evening or weekend
- Reliable transportation to report to assigned locations as scheduled
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to read, understand and communicate in English
- At least 18 years of age
- Required to work the week before and the week after major holidays
The Hallmark Global business sells greeting cards, gift wrap and related products in more than 30 languages with distribution in more than 100 countries and 100,000 rooftops worldwide, including about 2,000 Hallmark Gold Crown stores in five countries.
Crayola offers a wide range of art materials and creative play toys designed to spark childrens creativity around the globe.
Crown Media Family Networks operates three cable channels Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama in addition to Hallmark Publishing, the e-books division of the Hallmark channels, and Hallmark Movies Now, a subscription-based streaming service.
Crown Center is a real estate development company that manages the 85-acre hotel, office, entertainment and residential campus surrounding Hallmarks headquarters. For more information, visit Hallmark.com. Connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube.