PERSONAL TRAINER - FITNESS (MULTIPLE VACANCIES) Full-time JobDec 7th, 2022 at 13:06 Training Arlington 252 views Reference: 210
Arlington County’s Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) is looking for part-time, temporary, experienced, dependable, and hard-working Personal Trainers to provide quality and highly adaptable fitness programs designed to meet the needs of a wide variety of skill, age, and fitness levels through educational and fun sessions in a safe environment.
Responsibilities include conducting personal training fitness sessions, sports/fitness/health related sessions, and filling in for other staff to conduct group exercises which includes sports conditioning, golf conditioning, and other fitness and/or health related sessions to customers from youth to seniors. We are seeking individuals with experience in personal training and exercise to provide instruction to customers primarily at Thomas Jefferson Community Center in addition to other possible community centers in Arlington.
Specific duties include:
Conducting personal training sessions to customers of all ages;
- Conducting health and/or fitness assessments and other fitness testing protocols such as Functional Capacity Screening and Functional Movement Screening;
- Providing cardiovascular training, strength training, core work, balance work, and flexibility for each participant;
- Delivering exercise sessions in a safe, comprehensive, and effective manner;
- Providing prompt friendly customer service including providing information in person and by phone to customers and potential customers;
- Performing administrative functions such as completing paper work and maintaining and updating accurate client workout cards;
- Ensuring personal training space is cleaned and in order after each session; and
- Assisting Community Recreation programs with other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED;
- 1200 hours of technical experience in personal training or other fitness/health related activities, of which at least 50 hours must be as an instructor;
- Must have Adult and Child CPR/AED and First Aid certifications (or obtain within 90 days of hire date).
Additional education in a related field may be substituted for experience requirement, with each year of post-high school education substituting for 400 hours of technical experience. However, additional education may not be substituted for the instructing hours requirement.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with experience/credentials in one or more of the following:
- Conducting personal training sessions to diverse clients;
- Working with diverse customers of all ages from youth to seniors; and/or
- Functional Movement Screen Lv1 and/or Lv2 (FMS)
- Functional Capacity Screen (FCS)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) - Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES), Performance Enhancement Specialist, (PES), or Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) - CPT
- American Council on Exercise - (ACE)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), Certified Strength and Conditional Specialist (CSCS)
- NASM-Youth Sports
- Titleist Golf
- DragonDoor Kettlebell
- Strong First-Adaptive Special Needs Fitness Cert
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
Must have and maintain current valid Adult and Child CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or obtain within the specified timeframe.
The applicant must possess, or obtain by the time of appointment, a valid Driver License, or the applicant must have the ability and willingness to use alternative methods of transportation to perform assigned duties and responsibilities at locations other than the primary worksite. If the applicant possesses or acquires a license, the applicant must authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record.
A pre-employment criminal records check will be conducted. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
The Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation is committed to the health, safety and wellness of all staff. In support of that commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. For those qualified employees with a disability or sincerely held religious belief which prohibits them from receiving a vaccine, please contact the department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request a reasonable accommodation. Adherence to this policy is a condition of employment.
Work Hours: Most sessions/shifts can be early morning (6 or 7:00am-12:00pm), mid-day (12:00pm-3:30pm), and evening (4:00pm-8:00pm) or on the weekends (Saturdays only).
Work Locations: Thomas Jefferson Community Center (3501 S. 2nd Street, Arlington) and/or other possible Arlington community centers.
The official title for these positions is Recreation Instructor III.
Please complete each section of the application. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: These positions are listed as "open continuous." Interested applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed, and qualified applicants referred on a continuous basis. Interviews will be conducted on a regular basis throughout the recruitment with candidates whose qualifications best fit our needs. If your application is received later in the recruitment process, it may not be reviewed or considered. The application process will close when the positions have been filled or when a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.