Ground Hand Laborer Full-time JobDec 7th, 2022 at 13:34 Construction/skilled Trade Pottsville 28 views Reference: 229
What you’ll do…
- You will load and unload parts and materials to stock and maintain equipment.
- You will throw 1-2lb weighted rope over elevated cable lines and tree branches.
- You will pull lashing equipment down cable lines to secure wires.
- You will use pounding equipment to install grounding rods and anchors.
- You will assist in pulling out cable lines and other equipment used in installing cable wires.
- You will operate chain hoists to add tension to cable and wires.
- You will operate vehicles and follow all safety and traffic regulations.
- You will direct traffic flow in accordance with local DOT guidelines.
- You will safely utilize various construction hand tools.
- You will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding, or stooping while on shift.
- You will be performing work near roadways, electrical lines, heavy equipment, and uncontrolled vehicles.
Who we are looking for…
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have a valid driver's license with a minimum of 2 years driving experience
- You are authorized to work in the United States for this company
- You have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You have the willingness to work in a solo and team environment
- You have experience in working through all types of weather, including inclement weather
- You have the ability to climb numerous telephone poles daily
- You have the ability to successfully complete tasks on poles approximately 20 feet in height
- You have effective communication skills
- You are able to travel and work extended hours; overtime and weekends as needed
- You are able to lift, climb, and carry ladders with weight of up to 80lbs
What you’ll get…
- Company vehicle
- Weekly paychecks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Legal Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for select programs
Who we are...
Prince Telecom's commitment to deliver outstanding service that consistently exceeds customer expectations has grown the company to become one of the nation's largest fulfillment providers. With a national footprint and over 1,500 employees, Prince Telecom affords its customers a single source solution with the ability to deploy a well-equipped, professionally trained and experienced workforce capable of meeting needs anywhere in the United States. Prince Telecom offers a wide range of services that includes: residential and commercial installations, digital converter deployment, high speed modem installations, home security and automation, underground and aerial construction services and special projects such as MDU construction, drop rebuilds and audits.
At Prince Telecom we are proud of our installation technicians and operational support teams who meet our strict pre-employment and on-going safety and quality control criteria; we reward their outstanding performance with competitive pay, bonus programs, paid training, career development programs, safety certifications, paid time off and medical, dental, vision, life and 401(k).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: On the road