JOIN OUR TEAM!
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Applies basic engineering methods and practices to assist in maintaining environmental compliance at the company’s generation facilities and assists other engineering staff on more complex projects. Develops engineering studies, monitoring plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments associated with environmental compliance at the Company’s generation facilities/systems.
- Support all thermal generation facilities in maintaining compliance with the Federal Acid Rain Program (ARP), New Source Performance Standards (NSPS), Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS) (40 CFR Parts75, 60, and 63).
- Support environmental compliance for continuous emissions monitoring systems at all thermal generation facilities.
- Complete federal and state environmental reporting and assist in quality assurance of data and reports generated by thermal plants.
- Coordinate with external contractors and support thermal generation facilities in Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) compliance, including profiling, characterization, and disposal of waste streams generated by Company facilities.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding and knowledge of new and upcoming changes to regulations affecting ARP, NSPS, MATS, and RCRA regulatory programs. .
- Develop studies of limited scope and prepare data for cost estimations and analyses.
- Conduct site inspections to ensure adherence to environmental standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college/university.
- Basic knowledge and application of principles in area of environmental engineering specialty.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to interact favorably with team members, external consultants, contractors, and with federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and complex software applications.
- Engineering internship or other experience specific to applicable discipline.
- Completion of internship with an electrical utility.
Req Id: 109589
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $72,500.00 - $85,300.00
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 12.00% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Pacific Power serves customers in Oregon, Washington and California. Rocky Mountain Power serves customers in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the best energy company in serving our customers while delivering sustainable energy solutions.
To achieve our vision, we are guided by our core principles customer service, employee commitment, environmental respect, regulatory integrity, operational excellence and financial strength and a shared purpose of making our customers lives better every day.