Engineering Technician Full-time JobDec 7th, 2022 at 12:56 Engineering Huntington Station 200 views Reference: 204
Hello. We are GEI.
Some of the world s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.
We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients most complex challenges.
With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI s career site here.
Your role at GEI.
We are seeking an engineering technician to join our waterfront/coastal team in a regular part time, or on-call capacity. This position will be based out of GEI s Huntington Station, NY office and the selected candidate will work on projects in the Metro-NYC area and in other geographies. You will work on a variety of projects, particularly coastal/marine waterfront engineering projects. You will also work on land-based projects.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform construction monitoring and other field activities.
- Prepare daily field reports and other technical documents.
- Assist with preparation of reports and proposals.
- Pursuit of a bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- 2 or more years of experience supporting waterfront engineering projects.
- Willingness and ability to work outside in the field, including during inclement conditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license.
GEI s Total Rewards Package Includes
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
Our work and relationships with clients, partners and our own employees are based on high standards of safety, as well as personal, business, and professional honesty, integrity and ethics. Doing business this way creates mutual trust. Relationships built on such solid foundations enable successful projects.